What are the reasons For The Rise In Infertility Among Men by Dr. Sonia Malik
Although there isn’t any A grade evidence available for a concrete and confirmed report. Following are the reasons for the rise in infertility among men:
- People working in the IT industry or the media or BPOs work overtime and most often are overworked with work spilling into late nights.
- The persistent use of cell phones is one of the major causes of the sperm count getting adversely affected. Some smart phones including android and iphones, have higher emission rate than the other feature phones.
- Environmental pollution is yet another cause of low sperm count. Sperm analysis shows that sperm motility has been deteriorating. But a study also shows that when CNG (Compressed Natural gas) was introduced in Delhi, sperm morphology (the percentage of sperm that have a normal shape) improved a great deal.
- Other environmental issues like effluent flowing freely in some parts of the city also cause many disabilities, including autism, and can cause infertility.
- Genetic engineering of food is also a cause of concern, as both men and women don’t producer as healthy sperm count and eggs as they did some twenty years ago.
- The use of fertilizers and pesticides in food grains is definitely one major cause of women not having multiple good eggs.
- Men who smoke cigarettes, that too regularly, are at an increased risk for male infertility. Women who smoke – or are exposed to other people’s smoke – have an increased risk of infertility and are more likely to take longer to get pregnant. When you smoke, more than 7000 chemicals spread throughout your entire body and all of your organs. Smoking damages sperm, making them less likely to fertilize eggs — and making the embryos they do manage to create less likely to survive.
8. Drinking too much coffee or too much alcohol can impair a woman’s fertility.